Cauliflower Zuppa ToscanaServers 4 Main Courses
1 Large head of cauliflower [rinsed, cleaned & cut into bite size pieces]
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 Teaspoon of garlic powder
1 Tablespoon of herbs de provence
2 Lbs. mild or hot Italian sausage
1 Large onion [chopped]
6 Garlic cloves [minced]
8 cups vegetable broth or water
1 cup heavy whipping cream
7 cups fresh kale [cleaned & chopped]
White pepper [to liking]
Salt [to liking]
- Place your large pot or dutch oven onto the stovetop at a medium high heat and pour in your two tablespoons of oil.
- While the pot and oil get hot, remove the casings from the Italian sausage and place the raw sausage meat into the pot, breakup the sausage meat with a wooden spoon or spatula; you want each piece to be bite sized.
- Add to the pot your chopped onion and garlic, sauté for 3 minutes and add a little oil if the sausage pan drippings aren’t enough, this step is optional.
- Place your cauliflower into the pot and sauté until they absorb some of the onion, garlic and sausage flavor, about 2 minutes.
- Add broth or water and simmer over medium-low heat for 15 minutes.
- Pour the cream and add the kale then continue cooking for 5 more minutes [stir].
- Season with salt, white pepper and more garlic powder if desired [season to liking].
- Stir and cover for 7 to 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!