Chocolate Cupcakes (Vegan)10-12 Cupcakes Sweets
1 Teaspoon apple cider vinegar
1 Cup almond milk
1 Cup of Gluten free flour (all purpose)
1/4 Teaspoon salt
1/2 Teaspoon baking powder
3/4 Teaspoon baking soda
3/4 Cup sugar
1/2 Cup unsweetened coco (powder)
1 Teaspoon of vanilla extract
1/2 Cup coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Line a cupcake pan with the liners.
- Combine the almond milk and apple cider vinegar in a large bowl to create the mock buttermilk.
- Let this mixture sit for 3-5 minutes.
- Sift together all of the dry ingredients into another large bowl.
- Add the vanilla and coconut oil to the mock buttermilk bowl and whisk to combine.
- Finally add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until it all combines.
- Spoon the mixture into the cupcake liners and bake for 20 minutes.
- Once baked let them cool at room temperature for 6-8 minutes.
- Decorate and enjoy!
Tip - You can also make the batter using a stand up mixer, pour the almond milk & vinegar into the stand up mixer bowl and let it sit for 5 minutes, then pour your coconut oil and vanilla extract. Place the whisk paddle onto the mixer and power it on to a medium speed (5-6) until the wet ingredients combine. Lastly add in your sifted dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix with the same speed (5-6) until all is combined. Once the batter is done follow the next steps above.